Pages

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise noted in the post title, these are not
reviews, per se. They are articles for people who have already seen the film or read the book in question--meaning that there will be spoilers. If you're already familiar with the material being covered, or don't mind the plot being spoiled, please read on and leave a comment.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Moon Memories: Addams Groove

To coincide with the new big-screen adaptation of cult favorite characters THE ADDAMS FAMILY  in 1991, Hammer (having recently dropped the MC from his name) released the hit single Addams Groove, which appeared not only the film's soundtrack, but also on his new album Too Legit To Quit.

MC Hammer - Addams Groove

I was only 12 years old, and my taste in music obviously hadn't matured much, as I fell in love first with the music video and then with the song itself.  Can you blame me?  Check out these lyrics: 

I remember the day I needed to borrow
A little of pepper (for my chicken)
The next thing you know, comin' at me
Was a hand with the fingers high steppin' (I'm witcha)
Now I tried to play it along (you know)
And act like I was havin' a ball (ha ha)
But what do I see (yo) a perm with feet (cousin it)
Standin' about three feet tall (I'm outta here)

Should I be ashamed to admit that I purchased Too Legit To Quit at the onset of some long road trip and sat in the back seat with my Walkman (yes, a Walkman!), listening to that song over-and-over again, practically ignoring the rest of the album?  I listened to it so much that I wore the tape straight through.

And then, when we got home, I pieced it back together with Scotch tape. 

 And I proceeded to wear it out again.

--J/Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment