Pages

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise noted in the post title, these are not
reviews, per se. They are articles for people who have already seen the film or read the book in question--meaning that there will be spoilers. If you're already familiar with the material being covered, or don't mind the plot being spoiled, please read on and leave a comment.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Moon Memories: The Crush

THE CRUSH - Movie Poster
When THE CRUSH came out in 1993, I had a pretty big crush myself on that film's Lolita villainess, Alicia Silverstone. I had seen it numerous times between the theater and home video, and when I saw that it was going to be on a cable movie channel one summer while visiting my father, I talked the family into watching it with me.

"Is it any good?" my dad asked.

"Look at the commercial!" I implored him. "When you see a hot chick smashing things with a baseball bat, you know it's gonna be a good movie!"

They were less than impressed with the film, and with my love interest, whom my stepmother called a "flash-in-the-pan teenybopper."

Unfamiliar with this phrase, I had registered it as something else. I rose to my feet, incredulous, and shouted, "She's got nice pantinibops! Why shouldn't she flash them!?"

All these years later, I still stand by my assessment.

--J/Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment