Pages

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise noted in the post title, these are not
reviews, per se. They are articles for people who have already seen the film or read the book in question--meaning that there will be spoilers. If you're already familiar with the material being covered, or don't mind the plot being spoiled, please read on and leave a comment.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Opening Shot

To the few people who know me from my old blog, Midnite Media, and the fewer people who actually followed me over here to my new digs, I just want to give a heartfelt thank you. I posted at Midnite Media for years, though lately you may have noticed that things have slowed down quite a bit over there. My interest in what I had been doing—standard, run-of-the-mill reviews—has waned considerably, and I've been dedicating most of my free time as of late developing content for my new home here at Flag on the Moon.

The name comes from a random piece of bad narration from the infamously un-classic film BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS, which I believe belongs in a rare class of film that isn't so-bad-it's-good, but rather so-bad-it's-fascinating. The goal here will not be your standard film review (though there surely will be some of those from time to time, as well), but rather to discuss these films more in-depth and in longer form—to cut them open and really see what their insides look like. Basically, I'll be thinking about these movies waaaay too hard, but in order to do so, I can't live in fear of the dreaded spoiler, so if you haven't seen the movie in question and don't want it ruined for you, then don't read the post. Simple as that. If you have seen the movie, then please, get out your scalpels and meet me in the comment section. Let's dissect this little bugger.

Note: If a blog post is labeled as a "review" in the title, it will remain spoiler free. Anything else, though, has the potential to be spoileriffic.

Another fun thing that I will be instituting is theme posts that will run regularly throughout the month. Each month will concentrate on a different phobia, discussing films and television shows that fit into that theme. And at the end of the month, all of those theme posts will be collected into a free .pdf file that you can download (potentially with exclusive bonus content), and you will have the option of reading it on your computer or mobile device like an e-zine, or print out a copy and read it like a real zine. Send me a photograph of you holding your physical copy, and I'll give a free plug to your website, band, etc. here on the blog and in the next issue!

Sound good? Then please stick around. We'll be going live with real content very soon, but in the meantime, please excuse the clutter. I'm still redecorating.

--J/Metro

3 comments:

  1. Sticking around... all the best in the new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy! Glad to see you here. Fresh content coming soon!

      --J/Metro

      Delete
    2. You bet, I can help give you shout outs... when ready!!

      Delete